Homestay Junior Program
Homestay Junior Program
Location: Málaga, Costa del Sol, Spain
Duration: 2, 3 or 4 weeks
Participants: Kids and teens from 8 to 17 years old
Junior Program is designed for kids and teenagers between 8 and 17 years old who want to spend an unforgettable summer holiday in the beautiful capital of the Spanish Costa del Sol, combining participation in a high quality Spanish language course with an enjoyable program of sports, leisure activities and excursions.
Objectives of the program:
- Learn Spanish in a friendly, multicultural atmosphere.
- Have fun and spend an exciting, relaxing and enjoyable time in the beautiful capital of the Costa del Sol.
- Get to know not only the Spanish culture and customs, but also the cultures of other participants and develop such values as tolerance and respect.
- Make new international friends for a lifetime.
- Learn the basis of what makes a team player through the participation in classes, workshops, games and sports.
- Enhance the student's ability to handle daily tasks without the support and protection of their parents.
This program includes Spanish language course that consists of 15 lessons per week. Lessons are given in small international groups with a maximum of 12 students per group, set according to the language level of the students (placement test). The aim of the program is to improve the communication and interaction skills as well as understanding skills of the course participants. With our creative and passionate team of native teachers who were chosen for their qualifications (Certificate of Teaching Ability, university degree), experience and the ability to work with young people every class is fun. Moreover students learn in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere that speeds up the learning process. At the end of the course all students receive a certificate of attendance.
Outside the classroom students enjoy a variety of activities that include sports, games, workshops, visits to sites of interest and excursions. Sample activities are: sports and games on the beach, swimming, bowling, basketball, beach volleyball, football, sightseeing, arts and crafts workshops, cooking classes, salsa and flamenco classes, theatre workshop, etc. Each two-week program includes one full day and one half day excursion to nearby cities, such as Granada, Seville, Cordoba, Nerja and Frigiliana, Marbella, Ronda, etc. All activities are prepared and coordinated by licensed, energetic supervisors who are familiar with the age groups involved.
Living with a Spanish host family is definitely the best way to practice Spanish in everyday situations and get to know the Spanish way of life, Spanish customs and its cuisine. All our host families have been carefully selected, interviewed and visited by our housing officer and live within a walking distance (from 2 to 20 minutes) from the school. Students participating in this program will share a room with another teenager of the same gender and will be provided with 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and a lunch package during field trips.
Security 24 h
Our students will enjoy a safe and caring environment during their stay in Malaga, as our experienced staff and host families provide guidance and supervision at all times. Students will be taken care of by families at night and during meals, by teachers during classes and by supervisors during activities and excursions. Moreover school´s emergency phone number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and health, accidents, theft and loss of luggage insurance is included in the price of the program.
What´s included in the price:
Spanish language course:
- Intensive Spanish language course. 15 lessons of 45 minutes per week from Monday to Friday.
- Didactic materials.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Extensive program of sport, social and cultural activities. From Monday to Friday.
- 1 half day excursion every 2 weeks.
- 1 full day excursion every 2 weeks.
- Spanish host families, double room, full board.
- 24 hour return airport transfer service.
- Health, accidents, theft and loss of luggage insurance.